Saint Louis University - Madrid Campus does not have a housing requirement.
However, we are happy to facilitate the placement of students with Host Families, and provide valuable guidance and selective referrals to students who are seeking housing outside of the University system.
Host Family Housing arranged through the University
We strongly encourage those seeking housing to take advantage of the Host Family option through which students who wish to experience Spanish society to the fullest can be part of a Spanish household. Indeed, one of the most rewarding and culturally integrating experiences a student can have is to be part of a Spanish household where one has the opportunity to learn and experience day-to-day life in urban Madrid.
Non-University Housing options
a) Colegios Mayores
– University students´ dorms. They do not belong to SLU-Madrid, nor to one University in particular.
All of them provide an intensive Spanish experience since most of the residents are native Spaniards studying in Madrid in different universities.
The application and admission processes are made directly and solely with the colegio mayor
as they are not sponsored by universities but by private enterprises.
Single semester housing is not an option in the colegios mayores.
For those who might be interested in exploring the option of a colegio mayor
we inform the following three colegios
are conveniently located to the SLU-Madrid Campus:
start the application process for the next academic year in early April, until the end of May.
b) Residencias de estudiantes
– University students´ dorms. They do not belong to SLU-Madrid, nor to one University in particular. You may apply for a single semester and Summer sessions.
The application is made directly with the Residencia. You may apply during all year.
You may apply for a single semester and Summer sessions.
c) Finding One’s Own Apartment
- Residencia Santa Ana (www.residenciasantaana.com) Residence for young women, single rooms with private bathroom, near SLU Campus (4 metro stops). Full Board, Laundry: washing of bedlinen and towels, washing machine, dryer and iron available. Free entry and exit hours. 24-hour security, Air conditioning, Wifi access.
- Residencia Agustinus-Nebrija (http://www.nebrija.com/residencias/alojamientos/augustinus-nebrija/index.html) Residence for male students during Spring and Fall semesters and coed during Summer sessions. Single and double rooms available. Located 5 minutes walking distance from SLU. Full board or half room and board available. Laundry: washing of bedlinen and towels, washing machine, dryer and iron available. 24-hour security. Wifi access.
- Residencia Galdós (www.residenciagaldos.com) Coed Residence for students. Single and double rooms available. Located 5 minutes walking distance from SLU. Full board. Laundry: washing of bedlinen and towels, washing machine, dryer and iron available. 24-hour security. Wifi access.
Finding an apartment on one’s own is a somewhat difficult proposition in Madrid. Apartments available for rent are advertised and rented by each of their owners, sometimes assisted by an agent.
For those who do wish to explore the possibility of an independent apartment, we have learned from our students that they have experienced Madrid Easy (www.madrideasy.com
), Aluni.net (www.aluni.net
) Friendly Rentals (www.friendlyrentals.com
) as agencies interested in working with students on short-term (i.e. less than one calendar year) leases. Students have mentioned that they have been helpful and trustworthy in the rental process. You may contact them directly: